[KPhotoAlbum] Re: Excluding folders

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Tue Sep 12 08:37:03 BST 2006

Ahh OK.
Well it is way to late in the process for next release for me to accept a
patch like this. sorry.

If the feature should a stand a chance in the next release, someone need to
send me a polished patch, which includes a nice user interface to configure
it.

Kind Regards
Jesper.

On Monday 11 September 2006 14:01, Christoph Moseler wrote:
| Hi,
|
| the "patch" is just the 2 lines with the '+' at the beginning (see below).
|
| Cheers,
| Christoph
|
| Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| > Where did you post that patch?
| >
| > Cheers
| > Jesper.
| >
| > On Saturday 09 September 2006 20:50, Christoph Moseler wrote:
| > | Hi John,
| > |
| > | I had the same problem and I posted a fix for that about a week ago:
| > |
| > | void NewImageFinder::searchForNewFiles( const QDict<void>& loadedFiles,
| > | QString directory )
| > | {
| > |   [snip]
| > |          else if ( fi.isDir() )  {
| > | +            QString dirName = file.mid( imageDir.length()+1 );
| > | +            if ( ! DB::ImageDB::instance()->isBlocking( dirName ) )
| > |                  searchForNewFiles( loadedFiles, file );
| > |          }
| > |      }
| > | }
| > |
| > | After that you add an entry to the blocklist in your index.xml like
| > | that:
| > |
| > |   <blocklist>
| > |    <block file="exclude" />
| > |   </blocklist>
| > |
| > | KPA then will skip /whatever/your_kpa_root/exclude when searching for
| > | new images. The disadvantage for now is, that you have to add the
| > | entries with your favorite text editor by hand. Maybe Jesper can add a
| > | dialog where directories to be exclude can be defined.
| > |
| > | Cheers,
| > | Christoph
| > |