[KPhotoAlbum] new snapshot with DND support for sub categories!

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Tue Sep 5 15:00:48 BST 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 20:08, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> As a side effect of this, the items in the list boxes have now changed to
> check boxes, and an item is marked as on an image when checked (in contrast
> to, when selected), I hope this will make KPhotoAlbum just a little bit
> more accessible for newcomers.

This may be a newcomer/experienced user tradeoff, but there's an aspect of the
checkboxes that I don't like.  When categorizing photos, I used to be able to
just type the first few letters of the category name, enough that the desired
category came to the top, and then hit 'enter'.  Now I have to take my hands
off the keyboard and reach for the mouse to click the checkbox.  That really
slows me down.  I would suppose that the enter key could be made to toggle
(or just set) the checkbox state.

Also, I normally keep the categories in the annotation dialog sorted in "last
use" order, and that appears to be broken, or at least changed.  Particularly
when adding "Persons", consecutive photos tend to have largely the same
group, so the old way was very convenient.  After categorizing a handful of
photos, the group of people was at the top of the list, making it easy to
either click to select the ones in the current photo, or in many cases to
type just the first letter of each name, hitting enter after each.

The tree view when in alphabetical order is nice, but I hardly ever use
alphabetical order.

This is an SVN build from Saturday.

Thanks, Jesper,

	Shawn.