[KPhotoAlbum] IPTC and EXIF, kphotoalbum, digikam

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Tue Oct 31 16:26:47 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 08:38, Thomas Hummel wrote:
> My guess, as well (but I'm really not sure this is correct) is that
> IPTC are quite rudimentary (for historical reasons) are might not be
> the best container for "sophisticated" tags (like some detailed desc)

Another point is that you can't actually store all of the information KPA
manages in IPTC, particularly the meta meta data such as the hiearchical
relationships between locations, or persons, or whatever other categories
you've added.

That doesn't mean that you couldn't also write what you can in IPTC tags, but
it does mean that you need something besides IPTC if you're going to handle
the sophisticated categorization schemes that KPA supports.

	Shawn.