[KimDaBa] trying to generate database for 50 000 images - KimDaBa crashes

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 12 01:24:48 GMT 2006

   Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 03:07:34 +0200
   From: "Risto H. Kurppa" <risto at kurppa.fi>

   OK, I was now able to add _most_ of my images but trying to add the
   last huge folder with strace, First I got some 2 507 354 lines of
   output (203MB) when first stracing. Found the faulty image, copied it
   to another folder and tried to generate a new database there and got
   some 1.3MB of output. But still I'm able to open the image in viewer
   etc..

   Index.xml was not changed since KimDaBa crashed.

   So, what's the thing with the 'segmentation fault' - any ideas, anyone..?

   Now I'll try to find more images causing this and try to generate one
   database for all the folders..

You'll probably do better running it under a debugger and then sending
in the stack trace.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton