[KimDaBa] Poll: are you ever reordering your images [Please answer]

Eugen Dedu Eugen.Dedu at pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr
Mon Jan 2 16:58:37 GMT 2006

Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> Hi.
> Everyone reading this, please answer ASAP.
>
> I'm currently reimplementing the thumbnail viewer, as the current one is too
> broken.
>
> One of the features I'm considering to throw away is the possibility reorder
> images in the thumbnail viewer (both by drag and drop and by cut'n'paste)
>
> Please answer these two simple questions:
> 1) Have you ever reordered your images in the thumbnail view?

No.  However, if you have several images with the same date/time (for
example old photos without exif, where you know the day they were
taken), order them in alphabetical order (or the Unix's date/time of
last modification?!)

What annoys me in the current version is the selection of all thumbnails
between two thumbnails A and B (I know it was already discussed on the
list).  What I actually do is:
- click somewhere not on a thumbnail, to deselect all thumbnails
- ctrl-click on the first thumbnail on the same line with A
- shift-click on the last thumbnail on the same line with B
- deselect images on the first and last line

I would like to click (or alt-click for example, to let the simple click
open the viewer) on the first image, then shift-click the last image.

Please write me if I am not understable.

--
Eugen