[KPhotoAlbum] Pbs : date + setup + help missing + database

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Fri Apr 14 11:32:54 BST 2006

| dates
|
| I cannot record dates which are set by "set properties" dialogs.
| This pb occured some months ago, with an older version : it was caused
| by locales. Mine is french.
I'll look into it, and get back to you.

| "set properties" dialogs
|
| setups of the "set properties" dialogs are not saved. I though that when
| I make one option embedded in the dialog, it should be shown again on
| the next use of KPhotoAlbum. But it is not.
Did you try Options->save layout in the annotation dialog?

| help missing
|
| when one uses the "set properties" dialogs it shows a dialog box which
| says something like "it is an important dialog, you should read help".
| But help is missing...
I think this is just a packing issue. Actually thinking of it, how did you get
a translated version?

| database
|
| I compiled KPhotoAlbum on another computer some weeks ago. At the first
| run it asked to export database (to mysql?).
| I did not agree because I could not compile KPhotoAlbum on my main
| computer (because of the instable state of the computer, not because of
| KPhotoAlbum).
| now it is fixed, but KPhotoAlbum does not propose this option anymore.
Notice it is only the EXIF info that is stored in an SQL database, the
original XML files for annotations is still an XML file.
As suggested already, your setup may not support SQL or EXIF.