[KimDaBa] Another Idea

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:49:47 BST 2005

2005/5/30, Martin Höller <martin at xss.co.at>:
> On 30 May 2005, William Holland wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think that this is a good idea, but I would change the implementation
> > slightly.
> >
> > As I see it (please feel free to correct me here) Kimdaba is designed to move
> > everyone away from the 'I need my folders' mentality, and if you were feeling
> > like it, you could easily have no directory structure at all.  In addition if
> > a photo is part of an 'event' and some other category, I would probably want
> > to see the text associated with both.
>
> You're right. I knew, that there is a "virtual album" configuration, but
> till now I never read the help-text for it ;-)
>
> > Currently we can attach an image to a category entry, so I think that allowing
> > a short bit of 'note text' to be appended as well would be great!
>
> You mean attaching a note text to a keyword/category? Sounds interesting.
>
> Something like this:
>
> keyword (category) <- note text
> e.g.:
> Lea     (Person)   <- "this is my girl"
> Mauer   (Location) <- "this is my hometown"
> tour10  (Folder)   <- "A hiking tour with some friends in spring"
>
> This enhances my original idea very well. I'd really like to see such a
> feature in kimdaba.
>
> Comments?

Say you have a picture with a new Person.
Currently, you just type "Lea" <ENTER> in the "Persons" listbox and that's it,
I love this simplicity and effectiveness.
If you have to add clutter on this dialog, or if I have to enter the comment
about this new person later, say in the browser, I would find it very boring.

So I would recommand following rule :
Type "Lea<ENTER>", you have a new keyword "Lea"
Type "Lea : this is my girl<ENTER>", you get a new keyword "Lea" with a
comment which begins after the semicolon, ie.  "this is my girl"

Of course, the comment should be editable in the browser too.

My 2 cents.