[KimDaBa] EXIF info

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun May 8 14:07:13 BST 2005

| I would like the ability to use EXIF data from images like I use
| keywords.  Show me every image taken at ISO 1600.  Or every image with a
| shutter speed between 1/100 and 1/300 sec.  Or every image taken with a
| particular lens.  I know I can do most of this (except for the range
| stuff) by setting keywords from the Perl interface.  Maybe that's good
| enough, but it would be nice for it to happen automatically.
OK, I'll try to answer any comments on EXIF in this reply.
First of all, there are multiple issues to EXIF:
- viewing (could be done from the viewer's info box - eventually with a link
that brings up a property page or something)
- searching (This is more than just the usual keywords, now we also want to
see shutter between 1/100 and 1/300 etc)

I'm to some extend also kind of worried about how much data this would add to
the XML file, so it should indeed be optional, to avoid adding load time for
those people (like me) who would never use this.

Anyway, all this basically boils down to the problem that my camera isn't
fancy enough to give me all such information (or if it does, it wouldn't mean
much to me). So this would be a feature to implement I would have no use for
myself. Having said that, I'm still thinking about it, but dont hold your
breath. (If this is something you would gain something from professionally,
consider sponsoring that feature. Money in the bank always motivate me for
features I dont use myself :-)

| I'd like to be able to import comments from a Gallery website (comments
| entered by visitors) and store them in KimDaBa.
This sounds more like a job for the Perl script.