[KimDaBa] Re: Next release one week, then what?!

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun May 8 13:52:24 BST 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 00:20, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
| A few wishes of my own here:
|
| 1) A way to generate a list of image files (File->List, File->Export
|    List, or whatever) that I can pass to some other program.  Drag and
|    drop doesn't cut it; the program I want to apply the file list to
|    might not know about drag and drop, or it might not be graphical at
|    all.  I'd actually prefer this in some ways to having kimdaba
|    delete images; generate a list of filenames that I want to delete,
|    then I can review them or just move them somewhere else.
This sound like a good candidate for a plugin.

| 3) An option to export, generate HTML, etc. that preserves the
|    directory hierarchy rather than putting everything at top level.
Hmm, yeah I've heard that before. Why is this really important? Doesn't the
KIPI plugin help you here?

| 4) Improvements in the smoothness of scrolling (this is one regard in
|    which kimdaba is still slower than some other image viewers).
I'm really out of ideas how to improve any further, I'm afraid.

| 5) Themes for exporting to HTML.
There is already, besides HTML export is not a topic I really wanna touch
much.

| 6) When exporting to HTML or otherwise, use a filename suffix that
|    matches what's actually being exported.  For example, exporting a
|    file named foo.png generates a file named foo.png, even though the
|    exported file is actually a JPEG.
Ouch that is indeed a bug.

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.