[KimDaBa] Bug-Report: loosing time information

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Wed Jan 5 19:56:02 GMT 2005

I can't reproduce this problem.
Which version of KimDaBa are you using?
Could you try the latest snapshot to see if that solves your problem?
Could you make me a screen shot of the config window, when you open it the
first time, and another when you open it the second time.

Have anyone else ever seen this problem?

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 09:58, Martin Hoeller wrote:
| Hi all!
|
| I recently decided that i need something like a database for all my images
| (>4000) and that way i found KimDaBa. It is exactly what i was searching
| for and perfect for my needs!
|
| Unfortunately i think it has a bug (like every software has). When i
| categorize images it looses the (previously available) time and date
| information.
|
| Let me explain what i mean on an example:
|
| - i've a new folder X with one new image Y
| - when i start KimDaBa it recognizes this new image correctly and reads
|   the EXIF information from Y
| - next i open the image and press ctrl-1 to categorize it
| - even if i just press OK without changing anything the date and time
|   information for Y will be lost!
|
| Note that i found out that this behaviour only happens for images with
| dates (date info coming from EXIF or set manually within kimdaba) before
| 2005-01-01!
|
| I didn't notice this behaviour a week or so ago, so maybe it has something
| to do with the new year 2005.
|
| Does anybody else have this problem?
|
| I'm using kimdaba 2.0-2 from Debian/unstable on an i386 architecture.
|
| If you need any more information, please let me know!
|

| thanks for the great work,
| - martin

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.