[KimDaBa] KimDaBa snapshot available

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Thu Dec 29 16:40:25 GMT 2005

|    I've tried making a new version, this time without unsermake. Give it a
| try.
|
| That works.
|
| Now, for some initial comments:
|
| 1) It doesn't import Kimdaba 2.1 settings (e. g. thumbnail size,
|    viewer size, etc.)
Thats a feature not a bug *ahem*
These settings has move to the KDE setting system, so the backend database is
not cluttered with this information. I didn't want to bother converting
these, as it rather simple for you the user to change these yourself.

| 2) There are a number of things in the viewer (e. g. if I click on an
|    image) that are extremely slow (take on the order of 30 seconds on
|    a 1.8 GHz processor with 1.5 GB RAM).  These appear to be related.
|    If I right click on the image and click Show Folder, or click on
|    the beach umbrella, the UI pretty much freezes for quite a while.
|    I haven't tried to investigate this yet.
|
|    BTW, what does that beach umbrella icon do, anyway?
Jump to context. That is it opens the browser with the current image centered.
I agree that takes a long time, better do some profiling on that some time.
Feel free to help if you want to :-)

| 3) The first time I tried to use the EXIF Info, the program crashed on
|    me.  Unfortunately, I don't have a stack trace, but I did see a
|    message on my terminal about sqlite failing to create an "exif"
|    table because it already exists.  The next time it worked.
That error is shown when the table is created the first time, I dont know why,
and it seems to be harmless.

Cheers
jesper.

--
Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se