[KimDaBa] Various questions

Vincent Picavet Vincent.Picavet at inria.fr
Tue Dec 7 15:35:45 GMT 2004

Hi,
I looked for it but did not manage to find the info in the documentation
(but perhaps it was just under my nose and I did not see it) :
What is the keyboard shortcut for "next image" action in the "set image
info one by one" window ? It is quite annoying having to take the mouse
only to click the right arrow button...

I was also wondering about the following issue. The kipi-plugins are
great to operate on images. But as far as I understand how it works, it
is not possible to develop a plugin for kimdaba, that would be able to
access the informations of an image, is it ?
In this case, how is it possible to add "plugin" functionalities to
kimdaba which make use of the info database ? As it couldn't be a kipi
plugin, is there another plugin structure in kimdaba to achieve this
goal ? Or do one has to directly code into kimdaba ?

And finally, three ideas I dream of.
The first one would be to be able to synchronize completely an "offline"
kimdaba database with a Gallery website. The gallery kipi plugin is
almost finished I think, but due to the problem I raised above,
comments on image can't be shared between the online gallery and the
application. Do you think it is a feature conceivable in a future
version of kimdaba ?

The second best feature I would like to see in kimdaba would be exactly
what can be seen there :
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/images/CalendarView.jpg
(taken from here :
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/overview.html )
I find the Kimdaba 2.0 "search by date" window not so convenient. But
I've seen that some improvement have been done recently in this dialog
window, I'll try it before saying any further word on this topic ;)

And the third point I would like to see is the ability to save
searchs in a"favorite searchs" item in main window, thus giving the
opportunity to very quickly access a set of images with complicated
search parameters.
I know that one quite simple way to do this would be to do the search,
and then tag all resulting images with a specific keyword. But this
implies to repeat this step every time new images are added.
Another solution for this would be a "automatic rules" feature. The user
could set rules and choose to execute them on demand, or on addition of
images.
For example, I would like to have an automatic rule which executes "for
all images where location is paris, add 'france' as a new location".
It would IMHO be a very powerful feature!

That's all for today, thanks for reading this :)
Bye,
Vincent