Updated website design: your input needed, best quickly :)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Sep 24 16:37:00 BST 2020

Hi,

Carl Schwan has worked on refreshing the backend & design of Konversation's
website at https://konversation.kde.org/ to be more modern (reactive page &
matching current overall KDE website's design).

His proposal done in January this year stalled sadly ever since at
    https://phabricator.kde.org/D26611

For your testing convenience, Carl just started to run it on a demo site for
the next couple of days, please have a check:
    https://konversation.carlschwan.eu/

Or follow the instructions of the README on
    https://invent.kde.org/carlschwan/konversation-kde-org
and test locally.

Please leave your feedback as comments on the phabricator diff linked above.

Given the current website has some outdated links which need fixing and for
the 1.7.6 release the website needs to be updated with new changelog and
versions etc., it might be worthwhile to invest now some time first into
considering the proposed website update.

Would be nice to have the new site up at time of 1.7.6 already when more
people come around, though won't be rushed just for that, only if everyone
already +1s it.

Surely the current website might have grown close to your heart (that's what
happens to me usually :) ) wjile for me as newcomer it's "old" :)
So please do not hesitate to point out what the new proposal is missing, to
make sure your heart can accept the final replacement.

If you are fine with the replacement, please also state, so we know where we
are.

Cheers
Friedrich