Konversation 1.7.7 on Monday, October 26th

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Oct 7 23:56:58 BST 2020

Hi,

seems 1.7.6 went out as a smooth release, from what I can tell.
Thanks everyone for your assistance to get there :)
And quite some distributions have already picked it up, by what is reported
over at https://repology.org/project/konversation/packages

With things getting more rolling again, a set of new fixes has since made it
to the 1.7 branch. And there is a MR for 1.7 on review which fixes badly
scaled nick icons as well as adds a Dark UI theme compatible default nick icon
set, which so far has received positive feedback, with no changes proposed:
"Support SVG nick icon themes, switch default to SVG, add Dark Default &
(support @2x PNG)"
https://invent.kde.org/network/konversation/-/merge_requests/12
Please have a look and comment, if you have not yet.

So while I am in release mode swing, I plan to do 1.7.7 version last Monday of
October, to get these fixes to the users soonish:

Schedule:
Monday, October 12th: merge HiDPI/dark-compatible nick icons MR (unless obj.)
Monday, October 26th: tag & release 1.7.7

Cheers
Friedrich