Please check feature changelog for upcoming release as part of RS 20.12

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Dec 2 19:08:41 GMT 2020

Hi,

for the announcement of the upcoming release (tagging: Dec 3rd, release Dec
10th [0]) some days ago I tried to assemble a list with feature additions by
using
    git log ^1.7 21dedc00a4cf27cb89c17e8217b80f786fe478d7..release/20.12
and picking commit messages which seemed to represent user-interest-neeting
changes, then dumped them here:
    https://invent.kde.org/websites/kde-org/-/wikis/20.12-Releases

Sadly I missed to follow-up in time with you here, now the promotion team for
the Release Service has already taken that list and processed it into some
draft text for the announcement:
    https://invent.kde.org/websites/kde-org/-/blob/work/release-2020-12/
content/announcements/releases/2020-12-apps-update.md#konversation
(and it was them who moved nick icon theme GHNS support from last to first
entry ;) ).

As I have no full clue about all the technical/protocol details, it would be
good if you could check that text for things that should/could be improved and
changes which should be also mentioned.

Please help by leaving a comment then on the respective MR directly:
    https://invent.kde.org/websites/kde-org/-/merge_requests/30

[0] https://community.kde.org/Schedules/release_service/20.12_Release_Schedule

Cheers
Friedrich