[Konversation-devel] Script help in python

Paul Walsh paul at pbmm.net
Fri Oct 26 02:33:24 CEST 2007

Hi all

I am trying to get started with some small scripts for konversation but I am
having difficulty understanding the communication mechanism used in the
existing python scripts (media and weather) that I am using to learn. I was
expecting that I would use the dcoppython bindings but these scripts seem to
use some sort of threading mechanism via a module called "subprocess". I
suppose I have 2 questions:

Is this the correct method of communcation from a script to konvi?

If so - how do I get the information about all the sys.argv variables? In dcop
I can look for labels but I am clueless about sys.argv stuff.

I hope this isn't too silly a question and I hope to be giving you the fruits
of my labours soon :)

Paul Walsh