konsole as terminal engine for developer oriented serial port terminal

Jakub Ladman ladmanj at volny.cz
Mon Oct 9 18:11:50 BST 2023

Dear Tomaz,

Please see the picture attached.

I want to make similar program, where will be buttons to manually
controlling DTR and RTS lines of the real or virtual serial line
/dev/ttySx, the character data will be interpreted by embedded Konsole.
The baud rate and handshaking method should be selectable from within
menu or icons.
The state of the other handshake signals (DSR, CTS, CD and RI) should be
displayed.

This is the program I want to build.

I am able to prepare the Qt application with the serial port interface,
the buttons and indicator icons. Then I need the most simple and most
correct way to embed Konsole into it and connect its character input and
output to the serial port interface (qt signals and sockets).

Thank you

Jakub Ladman