coverity issue - lookupExtendedChar return check

Kurt Hindenburg kurt.hindenburg at gmail.com
Fri May 29 15:38:05 BST 2020

Hi,  this issue came up on the latest coverity scan:

1534             const uint* chars = ExtendedCharTable::instance.lookupExtendedChar(ch.character, extendedCharLength);

>>>      CID 302766:  Null pointer dereferences  (NULL_RETURNS)
>>>      Dereferencing "chars", which is known to be "nullptr".

1535             return chars[0];

This is the only code that doesn't check the return of lookupExtendedChar for nullptr.  I'm not sure what to return upon nullptr as something has to be returned.  Can you look at it please?

Kurt