[Konsole-devel] Menubar/actions renewal

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Thu Apr 22 14:45:30 UTC 2010

On Thursday 15 April 2010 16:36:30 you wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2010, at 6:15 AM, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > my impression is that Konsole development currently lacks some manpower.
> > A lot of new bug messages are coming in but there is little other
> > activity on the list. Also there's a backlog of review requests that
> > aren't even answered.
> >
> > I've submitted a review request on a big menubar/actions revamp quite
> > some time ago [1]. Unfortunately the discussion stalled, so I'd like to
> > renew that as I'm still interested in modernizing Konsole.
>
> I wonder if we should ask some people from Usability what they think?  If
> we want to try to put this in 4.5, we need to add it to the [2] so we have
> more time.

I added it to the 4.5 feature plan. I don't think that these changes are
really that big to involve Usability. The goal is actually to make Konsole
more conforming to other KDE apps and standards, thus most changes in the
patch are straightforward.

Personally, I'd rather see this one applied and tweaked where necessary
afterward instead of letting it float in the ether forever.

> I also wonder if reverting back to using a QTabWidget would
> simplify the code (although it would require a lot of work I think).

That's a different story which I'd like to keep separate from the
menubars/actions issue.
--
Sascha Peilicke
http://saschpe.wordpress.com