[Konsole-devel] Query about installing the latest Konsole on my RHEL system

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 22:07:06 UTC 2009

Hi Mun,

It is a shame that it is such a pain to get new versions of software
on not-very-old enterprise Linux but here goes.  You will need to
checkout and run the build setup for the whole of kdebase but you can
build and install just Konsole.  Information on how to get and build
kdebase can be found here:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4

After building and installing kdesupport, kdelibs and kdepimlibs,
follow the usual instructions for building kdebase but when you get to
the "make install" step, do it from kdebase/apps/konsole instead of
the top-level kdebase/

Regards,
Robert.