[Konsole-devel] D-Bus patch

Marcel Martin marcel.martin at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jun 21 00:57:12 UTC 2006

Hello,

the attached patch makes konsole from trunk compile. I'm a novice KDE
programmer, so it's probably mostly useful as an "inspiration".

I couldn't find the proper D-Bus replacement for kapp->dcopClient()->appId(),
it still needs to be fixed. I also couldn't find a way to disable an
interface once it's been registered with QtDBus. That is a problem for the
enableFullScripting(bool) methods in the TESession and Konsole classes. Since
the current code never disables scripting, I think those functions could be
changed to not take a boolean parameter and instead always enable the
scripting interface.

Some other things are missing, but the resulting binary can actually be
started.

Greetings,
Marcel