[Konsole-devel] Re: Patch for konsole

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Sat Jun 29 17:40:17 UTC 2002

On Friday 28 June 2002 14:15, Éric Brunet wrote:

> I don't want to change the default configuration, as described in the four
> keytables (the four standard /usr/share/apps/konsole/*.keytab files. Did
> you say five ?  Maybe I misunderstood you.)

You forgot default.Keytab which MakeDefauls converts to default.keytab.h.

> > Don't forget bash users who will cry if Alt-Backspace or Alt-Cursor
> I fully agree. Once more, the default behaviour is fine by me, and I
> don't propose to change it. But because of the bug I describe, a user

Your patch changes default behaviour, e.g. Alt-Backspace (delete wordwise
in Bash). Did you ever try? That's why I wrote you have to change keytables
to adjust it so behaviour stays the same, e.g. for Alt-Backspace you must

 -key Backspace      : "\x7f"
 +key Backspace-Alt  : "\x7f"
 +key Backspace+Alt  : "\E\x7f"

and this for every key assignment in 5 keytables. Makes them unmaintainable.

> Konsole should prepend an escape character only if nothing is specified in
> the .keytab file.

Did you raise any objection against adding the same option (with standard
prepend) as in xterm? Seems to be more understandable concept for the user.

> Could you revert it ?

I could, but don't want to. :-)

Bye,
   Steve