[Konsole-devel] konsole_part default settings

Kuros Yalpani kyalpani at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 21:39:36 UTC 2002

On Sunday 17 February 2002 15:57, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Sunday 17 February 2002 15:46, Kuros Yalpani wrote:
> > debugging the konsolecode to see where the settings are made. It appears
> > to me that from reading TEWidget.C that these settings are hard-coded?
>
> They are hard-coded in konsole_part.C, TEWidget.C is same for part &
> Konsole.

Actually, I went through the code again and found out that the settings of
base_color_table in TEWidget.C are the ones that apply. I made some
changes to the colors in the table and recompiled and, I was able to
see them in the Terminal Emulator of  Konqueror. There is by the way a
strange comment just before the declaration of  base_color_table:

//FIXME: the default color table is in session.C now.
//       We need a way to get rid of this one, here.
static const ColorEntry base_color_table[TABLE_COLORS] =

It doesn't seem to be true (at least in KDE2.2, Suse 7.1)

In any case I found that the solution to my problem lies not in
changing the code, rather using the "dircolors" command to
change the colors. My original problem was that some
filestypes were hardly visible in my Terminal Emulator, so
I went through this entire exercise trying to see how the
colors are being set. But it wasn't the way I thought :)) It is
much simpler with "dircolors"

Thanks

Kuros