merger of funds

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 24 14:01:42 GMT 2024

On 1/24/24 04:14, Jochen via KMyMoney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I book a fund merger in kmymoney?
> There is a share price gain of the "old" fund with tax  have to take
> into account. Because of loss of transparency I don't like to split it
> into a sell and a buy transaction.

Hi Jochen,

Unfortunately, the way KMyMoney deals with securities does not support
what you want/need.  Currently, there is no way to convert one stock
into another, nor to transfer stock from one account to another.  You
can "remove shares" and "add shares" or "sell" and "buy."  The
development team is slowly putting together a list of things that need
to be addressed when we eventually get to re-designing this area of the
program, and the concept of tracking the information necessary for a
proper capital gains calculation is definitely on the list. but no
actual work on this has begun, and there is no estimated timeline.