KMyMoney AppImage versions

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 01:54:17 BST 2023

  Thanks Thomas for the information,  however I noticed that the
filename no longer will contain the build revision?

So if I retrieve the appimage of today, it will be named
"kmymoney-5.1-linux-gcc-x86_64.AppImage" just as it will be tomorrow,
the day after and anytime in the future.... So how to differentiate
between builds if we have an issue that appears in a specific build ?
Maybe the devs never used the build version to troubleshoot and debug?

I agree with the "5.1" .... Is it relevant?  Perhaps the build should
be named something like "kmymoney_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS.Appimage"??? (HHMMSS
being the time the build was compiled)...

Just my take on it.

Thanks!

Quoting Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney <kmymoney at kde.org>:

> KDE Sysadmin is working on moving the tasks performed by
> binary-factory.kde.org
> (which currently builds our AppImage, MacOS and Windows versions) to
> the Gitlab
> infrastructure and its CI system.
>
> As a first candidate, the generation of AppImages has now been activated on
> Gitlab and shutdown on Jenkins.
>
> We still need to update our AppImage page to reflect the change. Downloading
> and extracting is a bit different than it used to be, therefore the AppImage
> is now build upon each commit and not only once a day or on a manual trigger
> by a developer. On the downside, only the latest version may be available.
>
> To get the appimage, visit https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/pipelines
> and press the download icon on the right of the entry. This will open a list
> of downloadable items. craft_appimage_x86_64:archive is what you
> want to click.
> This will start the download of artifacts.zip which contains e.g.
>
>   kmymoney-5.1-linux-gcc-x86_64.AppImage
>
> in the .kde-ci-packages sub-directory. Extract that file. As a
> bonus, you won't
> have to fiddle with the execution permission anymore but can run it
> right away.
>
> Yet a mystery to resolve: why is the master branch version called
> 5.1 in the filename?
>
> Many thanks to Julius Künzel who did most of the work of the
> transition for KMyMoney.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas Baumgart

> Unix is the most user friendly system I know, the point is
> that it is really selective about who is indeed its
  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sent using Horde Groupware on GNU/Linux