delete loan account

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 1 15:55:40 GMT 2023

On 11/1/23 11:53, Jochen via KMyMoney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> kmymoney 5.1.3:
>
> I created a loan account using the assistant. Then I decided that I
> don't need it. There have been no accounting entries on this account.
>
> How can I delete it? In the "account" menu "delete" is greyed out.
>
> Thank you,
> Jochen

When you created the loan, was a schedule also created?  If so, you need
to delete that schedule before you can delete the loan account itself.

If that is not the problem, you can look in a copy of your data file to
find the Annnnnnnnn account id (by searching for the account name,) and
then search for that id in the file.  Wherever it shows up would likely
be something that needs to be deleted before you can delete the
account.  Note I am not suggesting making any changes directly in the
data file, just searching it to find out what is blocking the deletion.