Online updating of mutual fund prices fails

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 23 03:38:09 BST 2023

On 5/22/23 21:37, Jane Hadley via KMyMoney wrote:
> For about the last month, all my attempts to "Update All "price quotes
> for my investments (mostly well known US mutual funds) have failed.
> For each security, I get the same error message:
>
> "Unable to update price for [symbol of mutual fund] (no price or no
> date)"
>
> I am using KMyMoney Version 5.0.8
> I am running Ubuntu 20.04
>
> Here is the code I've successfully used for at least a year to fetch
> prices:

> <https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?fields=regularMarketPrice&symbols=%1>
>
> CSV URL:
>
> Identifier: %1
>
> Identify by: Symbol
>
> Price: "regularMarketPrice":((\d+|\d{1,3}(?:[,]\d{3})).\d+)
>
> Date: "regularMarketTime":([\d]+)
>
> Date Format:
>
> "Skip HTML stripping" is checked
>
> What has changed to make this fail for the last month or so?
>
> Also when I go to the Configure dialog for Online Quotes, the "New"
> button is grayed out. Do you know why that would be?
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Jane Hadley
> Seattle, WA, USA
First, you should have specified that this problem is with updating
prices with Yahoo.  As  has been discussed previously on this list and
elsewhere, Yahoo made some changes.  There is not much we can do about
this, although the development team is certainly looking for an easier
way to adjust for existing instances.  At this point, you can change the
"v7" to "v6" in the definition.  I do not have any idea why the "New"
button is disabled, but will try to see if I can find any possible reasons.