AQBanking does not open window to edit user or bank accounts

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon May 8 12:06:56 BST 2023

Hi Thomas, hi everyone.

I have it since a while that AQBanking does not open a window for
certain accounts. I click on "Edit" and then nothing happens. Especially
with my main bank. All I get on console is

3:2023-05-08 12:49:05:aqbanking dlg_setup.c:  194: Got id "SOMEID id
from "SOMENUMBER      BIC        BANKNAME ACCOUNTNUMBER      ACCOUNTTYPE
Martin Steigerwald      aqhbci"

and then nothing.

I deleted all accounts and the bank user and recreated it from scratch
in the hope it would fix things up. I recreated the bank user with
existing HBCI key file without errors.

Result: Now it does not even open the bank user window when I click on
"edit" for it. This used to work before still. All I get on console is

3:2023-05-08 12:40:58:aqbanking dlg_setup.c:  194: Got id "SOMEID id
from "SOMENUMBER      BLZ        USERLOGIN     USERPASS     USER at NAME
aqhbci"

and then nothing.

It is very frustrating that it does not even tell me what went wrong.

So I cannot add back my accounts and not use online banking at all.

Due to that I restored my AQBanking configuration from backup so that I
can at least use what still works. That worked.

Why did I want to edit an account in there to begin with? Cause one
account for one bank ceases working after one retrieval of transactions.
Next time it shows an SWIFT error:

12:53:41 SWIFT: Missing customer reference
12:53:41 Fehler beim Importieren der SWIFT-Daten
12:53:41 Fehler beim Importieren der Daten
12:53:41 Fehler bei der Bearbeitung des Jobs JobGetTransactions

I found that I can "fix" this by editing the account and telling it to
retrieve SEPA account information and then to get target accounts again.
Then I could retrieve transactions once.

This is with: KMyMoney 5.1.3-1+b6, AQBanking 6.5.3-1, libgwenhywfar
5.10.1-2 on Devuan Ceres.

I anonymised above information for privacy reasons. If need be I am
willing to share further details with a developer directly. But for now
I am not even sure whether it is an issue in AQBanking and/or in
KMyMoney.

I finally want to see one open and free standard that is fully documented
that all banks adhere to and that works without having to fiddle around
with things every now and then. It can't be that difficult, can it? It
feels to me that banking is still in the stone age. It does not even
have full UTF-8 support for describing the purpose of a transaction. Or
that silly length restrictions that truncate payer or payee names. It's
ridiculous.

Often enough things work for a year or so. And then are broken again in
some new creative way. Can't it just be simple instead of adding more
work for users and even more so developers who look into fixing those
issues?

Sorry for ranting. It is not targeted at you. I am just fed up with a
sub standard online banking experience due to the fact that banks cannot
agree on a simple, well documented, strictly implemented standard.

Ciao,
--
Martin