Wise csv file - how to match fields

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Mar 5 06:58:35 GMT 2023

On Samstag, 4. März 2023 16:40:25 CET Jack via KMyMoney wrote:

> On 3/4/23 08:48, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
> > On Freitag, 3. März 2023 23:23:51 CET Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
> >> On 2023.03.02 12:37, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
> > [...]
> > Thx for your answer.
> > Is it possible to temporary switch KMyMoney to English without destroying any
> > data?
> > The main problem here isn't the language itself, but the fact, that banking in
> > English speaking countries seems to be a bit different from German banking -
> > and the expressions are following these differences.
>
> Use the Settings/Configure Language menu.  Changing the language does
> not affect the data at all, just the display.

That is not 100% true as I kind of remember that the main account groups may be
renamed as part of the process and those names are kept within the data file.
OTOH, when you switch the language back to German, those names get changed
again.

p.s. I just noticed, that since the translations are synced into the git
repo I can switch my development version to German. So I might be able to
provide some answers. Looking at the original list Mike provided it might
be useful to know what information is kept in them. E.g. what's the difference
between Description and Note?

The key to life is never to grow up. (Mickey Mouse)