Bank of Scotland and Wise

mh at mike.franken.de mh at mike.franken.de
Sun Feb 12 19:56:46 GMT 2023

On Sonntag, 12. Februar 2023 20:18:14 CET Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
> On 2023.02.12 13:53, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
> > On Sonntag, 12. Februar 2023 19:03:42 CET Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
[...]
> > Thomas wrote "Looks like they support OFX file download."
> > After reading the doc he pointed to, I wanted to try the direct OFX
> > connect
> > to test, if they would support this, too.
>
> I believe by saying that they supported OFX file download, he was also
> implying that they did not support direct connect, which was also made
> clear in the link.

So I got that wrong.

[...]
> > No, the problem is, that the menu topics are not available.
> > I not even get to a point, where I can tell, what is supported by the
> > Bank and
> > what isn't.
>
> I wonder if there is just a language problem.  When you say "the menu
> topics are not available" I understand that those selections are not
> present in the menu at all.  Is that what you mean, or just that they

That is exactly the point - they are not existing.
Whats the difference between "not available" and "not existing"?

> do not work as you expect?  (You might post once in your language.  We
> can use Google Translate, and there are also some native German
> speakers on the list.)

> You keep saying menu topics are not present, but you also said that
> File/Import/OFX is present, and presents many options.  Is there any
> reason you do not try that method?  As far as I can tell, that is your
> best option.

As I wrote, I wanted to give it a try, but because of the not existing menu
items, that wasn't possible.
Of course I will try the OFX file import, too, but that wasn't my question in
the first place.

> Since Bank of Scotland does not support direct connect, it doesn't
> really matter, but is "Map account..." not present on the Account menu
> list, or present but disabled?  If that is the case, you need to take
> it up with openSUSE.  If the menu item is present, and you start the
> wizard, you will find that Bank of Scotland is not on the list.

If the menu item would have been there, I would have seen that, and the
question would have been senseless.

Thx for your patience.