Bank of Scotland and Wise

mh at mike.franken.de mh at mike.franken.de
Sun Feb 12 17:56:07 GMT 2023

On Sonntag, 12. Februar 2023 18:45:36 CET Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
> On 2/12/23 12:35, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
> > On Sonntag, 12. Februar 2023 18:16:23 CET Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
> >> On 2/12/23 07:12, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> How did you "activate" the module?  If it was properly configured and
> >> compiled when the package was built, it should "just work."
> >
> > See attachement.
>
> Yes, that shows the plugin is available and enabled.   I still don't
> understand what you mean by saying that you activated it, although I
> don't suppose it matters.

I ticked the option to use the module as shown in the screenshot.
Probably I use the wrong expressions, because I'm not a native speaker.

> >> Let's try a few more questions.  If you click "File/Import" what options
> >> are listed, and which are enabled so you can actually click on them?
> >
> > There is an "OFX" import topic available, which can be configured with
> > lots of optione.
>
> And that is how you import an OFX file.  Have you actually tried it?
> Have you downloaded an OFX file from the bank?  Once you do that, select
> File/Import/OFX and select the file.  Aside from the file chooser, I see
> five options, and in general, all of them can be left at their default
> values.  They are only needed for specific problems that sometimes arise
> due to the differences in how different banks produce their OFX files.
> Once you have imported a few time you will know if something is not
> right, and then you can see if it is necessary to adjust any of those
> options.
>
> What menu items have you been looking for that you think are missing?

I always talked about "Direct Connect" and the menu topics described in the
online doc, Thomas has pointed me to:

OFX Direct Connect is now supported in KMyMoney. This gives KMyMoney the
[...]
The first step is to configure each account for which you wish to download
statements. Go to the Accounts View, right click on the account you wish to
configure, and choose Map to online account.... In case more than one online
banking plugin is installed on your system you will be asked which one to use.
For the internal OFX method select KMyMoney OFX. A list of banks will be
downloaded from the Internet and a wizard will guide you through choosing a
bank, entering your username and password, and selecting an account. Should
you find that your bank is not listed, it may still be possible to use the
manual option. Your bank may be able to provide the required parameters, or
you may have to do some research to find them.