Bank of Scotland and Wise

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 11 19:33:00 GMT 2023

On 2023.02.11 13:26, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
> On Samstag, 11. Februar 2023 19:11:59 CET Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
> > On 2023.02.11 10:35, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:

> bank

> https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/financial-institution-direc
> > > t-> connection-support-requests/6896-royal-bank-of-scotland

> https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/kmymoney/kmymoney/details.impexp.ofx.html
> > > does this already work with kmymoney-5.1.3-2.6?
> > > I don't even find the menu entries described in this
> documentation!?!
> >
> > What menu entry can you not find?  There are two ways to do this:
> > 1) from the bank's web site, download the OFX file, then in KMyMoney
> > File/Import/OFX
> > 2) configure your browser to open OFX files with KMyMoney.  Then
> when
> > you download the file from the bank, it will be passed directly to
> > KMyMoney, so you don't need to explicitly save it and then do
> > File/Import.
>
> I tried OFX Direct Connect, but I couldn't find the menu entries
> described in
> the according section of this document.

You still didn't say exactly which menu entries you couldn't find.
However, it probably doesn't matter, as it seems Bank of Scotland does
NOT support direct connect, per the link Thomas posted.

> > Also, please let us know which OS/distribution you are using.  It is
> > unlikely, but possible, that the distribution compiled the program
> > without the OFX importer.  The functionality has been available
> since
> > before version 5.0.
>
> This is openSUSE Tumbleweed using OFX Direct Connect.

Probably not relevant here, but if openSUSE explicitly says their
version supports OFX Direct Connect, and the menu Account/Map
Account... or Account/Update Account... is missing, you need to check
with them.