Bank of Scotland and Wise

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 11 18:11:59 GMT 2023

On 2023.02.11 10:35, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
> On Samstag, 11. Februar 2023 15:46:10 CET Thomas Baumgart via
> KMyMoney wrote:
> > On Samstag, 11. Februar 2023 12:50:00 CET mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
>>> does anyone know, if/how it is possible to connect KMyMoney to bank
>>> accounts of the Bank of Scotland and (Transfer)Wise?
> >
> > Looks like they support OFX file download.
> >

> https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/financial-institution-direct->
> connection-support-requests/6896-royal-bank-of-scotland
> >
>> If that is the case, simply direct your browser to open that file
>> using KMyMoney. See
> >
>> https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/kmymoney/kmymoney/details.impexp.ofx.html#details.impexp.webconnect
>
> does this already work with kmymoney-5.1.3-2.6?
> I don't even find the menu entries described in this documentation!?!
What menu entry can you not find?  There are two ways to do this:
1) from the bank's web site, download the OFX file, then in KMyMoney
File/Import/OFX
2) configure your browser to open OFX files with KMyMoney.  Then when
you download the file from the bank, it will be passed directly to
KMyMoney, so you don't need to explicitly save it and then do
File/Import.

Also, please let us know which OS/distribution you are using.  It is
unlikely, but possible, that the distribution compiled the program
without the OFX importer.  The functionality has been available since
before version 5.0.