Online updating of mutual fund prices fails

Franco Martelli martellif67 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 18:48:15 BST 2023

On 23/05/23 at 04:38, Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
> On 5/22/23 21:37, Jane Hadley via KMyMoney wrote:
>> For about the last month, all my attempts to "Update All "price quotes
>> for my investments (mostly well known US mutual funds) have failed.
>> For each security, I get the same error message:
>>
>> "Unable to update price for [symbol of mutual fund] (no price or no
>> date)"
>>
>> I am using KMyMoney Version 5.0.8
>> I am running Ubuntu 20.04
>>
>> Here is the code I've successfully used for at least a year to fetch
>> prices:

>> CSV URL:
>>
>> Identifier: %1
>>
>> Identify by: Symbol
>>
>> Price: "regularMarketPrice":((\d+|\d{1,3}(?:[,]\d{3})).\d+)
>>
>> Date: "regularMarketTime":([\d]+)
>>
>> Date Format:
>>
>> "Skip HTML stripping" is checked
>>
>> What has changed to make this fail for the last month or so?
>>
>> Also when I go to the Configure dialog for Online Quotes, the "New"
>> button is grayed out. Do you know why that would be?
>>
>> Any help appreciated!
>>
>> Jane Hadley
>> Seattle, WA, USA
> First, you should have specified that this problem is with updating
> prices with Yahoo.  As  has been discussed previously on this list and
> elsewhere, Yahoo made some changes.  There is not much we can do about
> this, although the development team is certainly looking for an easier
> way to adjust for existing instances.  At this point, you can change the
> "v7" to "v6" in the definition.  I do not have any idea why the "New"
> button is disabled, but will try to see if I can find any possible reasons.

Now changing v7 to v6 doesn't work either. I'm using KMM version 5.1.3
on Debian 12 bookworm. Trying to open the link [1] in Firefox fails with
this error: "HTTP 404 Not Found"
Any clue to have price update work in Yahoo?

Cheers

[1]
https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v6/finance/quote?fields=regularMarketPrice&symbols=HER.MI
--