Trying to add Kyndryl to my investments

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 3 22:08:54 BST 2022

On 2022.09.03 11:31, Bob Ewart via KMyMoney wrote:
> I think I figured out the problem.
>
> I had some mutual funds which were sold off to buy other funds. I
> marked them closed, but they still showed up in the Equities list
> crossed out even though I had "Do not show closed accounts" checked.
Even if this is set in the configuration, you can temporarily toggle
the status with the "View/Show all accounts" menu item.  (I'm using git
master, but I think that is the same as the 5.1 branch.)

> I then checked "Do not show zero balance equities" which made them
> disappear.  When I added a new stock from the Equities list it didn't
> give me a chance to set the initial number of shares. So as a zero
> balance equity, it didn't show up.  I should have added shares from
> the broker's ledger.
I've had some confusion following you until I realize that by "the
broker's ledger" you mean the ledger of the Investment Account for that
broker.  Also, just because an Equity or Account does not show up on
some screen or ledger, it is still present.  When adding a security,
that just creates the account.  There is no such thing as initial
number of shares, like there is an initial balance in cash related
accounts.  You need to explicitly create an Add Shares transaction.

> I'm using KMyMoney 5.1.2 on Kubuntu 22.04.  It has "Do not show
> closed accounts" check box in General Filter configuration.  That is
> missing from the AppImage of 5.1-179 and master-183.  Why?
There have been some changes with those settings.  You can still
control things as you could, some of the ways of doing so have been
removed to simplify the interface.  Yes, it may seem more convoluted at
first, but if you remember Ctl-Shift-A (same action as the View/Show
all accounts menu item) it becomes easier.

> I've been using KMyMoney since 2010 and even contributed to the
> installation instructions for OpenSUSE.  So I have a lot of closed
> accounts which clutter up the displays.
>
> I'm still trying to handle Reinvest Dividend actions.
Once you are ready for feedback or help, please start a new thread.  In
my case, dividend reinvestments are annoying to deal with because
Merrill Lynch sends thee separate OFX transactions instead of just one,
and even though only two of them actually get imported, neither is a
Reinvest Dividends, so I have to edit one and delete the other.  I
don't know if this is anything at all like your problem, but let us
know, when you are ready.

Jack