KMyMoney 5.1.2 conflict with Olympia

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Oct 27 08:51:20 BST 2022

On Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2022 18:46:14 CEST John Peters via KMyMoney wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a fan of KMyMoney that I've been using for years on Linux Ubuntu.
> I'm currently on Ubuntu 22.04 with KMyMoney 5.1.2
>
> Everything works fine.
>
> I recently tried an astrology programme called Olympia. Once I install
> Olympia, KMyMoney does not open. As soon as I uninstall Olympia KMyMoney
> reacts normally again.
>
> I have contacted the developers of Olympia and they have sent me a
> version with no external libs as they thought there was a conflict of
> modules. However, I still have the same problem.
>
> Do you have any suggestions as to why Olympia may prevent KMyMoney from
> opening and any possible solution?
>
> Might migrating to 5.1.3 make any difference?
>
> Many thanks for your help.

On top of Jack's questions:

What exactly do you do before you notice "KMyMoney does not open"? Which
program do you use to select KMyMoney or a file? Do you enter commands or
click on something? Do you use the left or right mouse button? All these
details may become important.

Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to
be very selective about who it decides to make friends with. -- unknown