Update Stock and Currency Prices

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Jan 20 07:10:33 GMT 2022

Alexandre,

On Dienstag, 18. Januar 2022 15:31:24 CET Alexandre Perali via KMyMoney wrote:

> Dear Thomas,
>
> Really sorry for my delay, I'm very busy at work and traveling now.
>
> I tried the zgrep but it doesn't work as I'm on windows 10. Is there any
> way to use it with embedded win/linux?

Ah, Windows. I am not a Windows expert at all. You could try some 7z or winzip
to decompress the .kmy file into .xml format. Looking into the file could be
done using notepad++. But that is not as elegant as under unix.

Another route would be to install git-bash (see https://gitforwindows.org/)
which comes with a bash shell. Don't worry about the git part, it is just
a convenient way to get a unix style shell on windows.

In that shell, you can execute the unix style commands I mentioned before.
Use Windows explorer to goto the directory with the .kmy file, press the
right mouse button and select "Git Bash here". That starts the shell right
where you need it.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Thomas