KMM 5.x windows - Weird calculations in Reports

Pascal pjp13 at free.fr
Fri Jan 14 16:56:48 GMT 2022

Hello,

I am a happy user of KMM 4.8.3 (french language, W10) but curiosity
drove me to take a look at versions 5.x of KMM (both
kmymoney5-mingw64-5.0.6-8.1-setup.exe and
kmymoney-5.1-1271-windows-msvc2019_64-cl.7z).

So doing I noticed strange calculations results in the "Investment
Performance by Account" report module, in particular :

- "Return On Investment" (sometimes displayed as 0 or negative value
whereas it shoud be a positive value)

- "Annualised Return" (idem)

I also noticed that "Buy Value" is displayed as negative value and "Sell
Value" as positive (which is opposite to the display in version 4.8.3).

This is bewildering because these calculations are correct in version 4.8.3.

Thank you in advance to let me know if anybody has an explanation for
these weird results. Is it my data file that is corrupted or is it a
kown bug in versions 5.x.

Apart from that, in my opinion, KMM is definitly the best personnal
finance manager ever. Thank you again to the developers.

Regards.

Pascal