How to move funds from one depot to another

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 17 15:43:49 GMT 2022

On 2/16/22 16:36, Stefan via KMyMoney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a question one how to move funds/shares between two accounts. For money its easy - there is a special
> action for that adding the out and in for each account. But how about funds/shares? I can remove them from
> the old account and add them to the new one only it seems. But doing this completely messes up the investment reports.
> After the move i have two lines there - one for the removed with a total loss and another one for the new
> account with a profit measured in astronomical units (something around 343436363636363%)

Hello Stefan,

Unfortunately, there is no type of transaction to simply transfer shares
between two different investment accounts.  The best way now is just to
use a "remove shares" and "add shares."  As you noticed, this does
result in incorrect reporting.  There is already an open bug to track
this issue: bug 328575. Unfortunately, I do not expect that this will be
addressed very soon, and it would probably be done as part of a large
revision of the entire handling of investments.