Direct Connect - USAA Federal Savings Bank

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Sep 23 12:28:28 BST 2021

On Mittwoch, 22. September 2021 15:10:53 CEST El Cas via KMyMoney wrote:

> No.
>
> I downloaded Build 978 and tried again.
>
> Let me know what I am doing wrong.

Not sure, but just an idea. See below.

> These are the steps I am doing
>
> 1) I go to *https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/connecting-with-usaa
> <https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/connecting-with-usaa>*
> 2) I follow Step 1
>     a) Go to *https://www.usaa.com/accessid*
> <https://www.usaa.com/accessid> using
> chrome
>     b) Login to USAA
>     c) Get the client_id from the URL
>     d) Authorize
>     e) Get the Access ID and Access PIN
> 3) in kMyMoney, I go to the account I was to update
> 4) I select *Account* -> *Map Account*.
> 5) In the pop up that follow I get "*kbanking*" and "*ofximporter*". I
> select *ofximporter*.
> 6) In the dialog box, I switch to the manual tab
> 7) I fill in the fields using the values provided
>     a) *Org*: USAA Federal Savings Bank
>     b) *FID*: 67811
>     c) *URL*: https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx
>     d) *UserAgent*:  InetClntApp/3.0
> 8) I hit next
> 9) In the next dialog window, I fill in the fields as stated above
>     a) *Username*: <Access ID>
>     b) *Password*: <Access PIN>
>     c) *Client UID*: <Client Name (all uppercase)>

Doesn't this step needs the uppercase version of what is returned in step 2c or am I misinterpreting <Client Name> here? Anyway, the data to be entered here has to have the format of a UUID (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier#Format) and not that of a name.

> 10) I set the "*Identify as*" to "*Quicken Mac (Expert)*"
> 11) In the box that appears I enter *2300*
> 12) I change the "*Header Version*" to *103* as you said in the previous
> email
> 13) I hit next

[...]

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to
keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless! -- ITI Bulletin 6.7.1990