Investment in foreign currencies

Marc Labranche labm.4v70 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 17:09:29 GMT 2021

Dear Andy,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I am also in 5.1.2.  Very good news that KMM can deal with all those investment transactions.

1_ It is not very practical if I have to create as many categories as there are currencies.  As far as I can see another solution is implemented.  When I introduce fees via a split transaction, I enter the amount in SEK and then KMM ask me via the Exchange Rate/ Price Editor window to specify the rate.  When I leave the split transaction window, the SEK fees are correctly converted in EUR and appear on the transaction window.
3_ security_3 was indeed created with the SEK currency and I have not yet entered any other transactions for this security after the purchase date

Liability amounts in red.  You are right. My accounts are of type loan or credit card and not strictly Liability.  It is ambiguous because loans and credit cards are displayed under Liability group on the Accounts page.

Best regards,

Marc