Printing

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Mar 30 13:00:19 BST 2021

Hi Roderick,

On Dienstag, 30. März 2021 09:10:59 CEST Roderick Butler wrote:

> Good day
>
> I have browsed the net for a long time and came upon your program which so
> far seems the best for what I am doing.
>
> I was wondering if you please help me, I am currently using KMyMoney V.
> 5.0.6 free version (hopefully doesn't expire) and am having a bit of trouble
> when it comes to printing, I am using the program solely for cash income and
> cash expense, nothing else which works well, but when I print the report it
> gets cut off at the bottom and top of each page, (meaning it shows half of
> an item on bottom and half of and item at top of next page)

KMyMoney is open source and does not expire. There is no paid version either.
The developers behind this program are doing this work in their spare time
and for fun.

With the printing problem you are not alone (see below).

5.0.6 is a rather old version (I guess you're on MS-Windows). Upgrading
brings some new features and fixes but not related to printing.

> I have looked at
> the settings but there is no option for page setup or print preview to see
> what is being printed. Could you maybe help me please with this as it's a
> bit frustrating.

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=159779#p441475 shows a solution/work-
around to the problem.

At some point, we have to tackle that, but the (currently) underlying method to
render the report does not support page breaks and intensive formatting.

Hope that helps.

p.s. The resort looks really nice. We should have a KMyMoney sprint there :)
https://community.kde.org/Sprints shows what a developer sprint is but I doubt
that we will travel all the way to ZA for it :(

Real programmers don’t write workarounds. They tell their users
to upgrade their software. -- Shlomi Fish