GPG Problem with KMyMoney 5.1.1 on macOS started via GUI

Ryan Novosielski ryan at novosielski.com
Sun Jan 3 23:36:23 GMT 2021

Hi there,

I just downloaded the macOS version of KMyMoney 5.1.1 from the link on the kmymoney.org website and am having trouble with GPG. I upgraded GPG Suite to 2020.2 just in case. macOS is Catalina, 10.15.7. I've never used the macOS version before (had been using VMs previously), so this is a new install. The error I get attempting to open an encrypted file is:

---
[X] Cannot open file as requested.

v Details

GPG is not available for decryption
of file /Users/novosirj/Desktop/
rnovosielski.kmy /Users/
packaging/Craft/BinaryFactory/
downloads/git/extragear/
kmymoney/kmymoney/plugins/
xml/xmlstorage.cpp:143
---

I started KMyMoney by instead using the command line, /Applications/kmymoney.app/Contents/MacOS/kmymoney and it reports:

GPG search "/Users/novosirj/.gnupg/secring.gpg"
Found
GPG Home directory /Users/novosirj/.gnupg
GPG filename /usr/local/MacGPG2/bin/gpg

...and then of course just works fine. I can't seem to make it work by opening a file directly, or by opening KMyMoney from the GUI.

Any ideas what to do? I didn't see any documentation that suggested anything special for macOS.

Thanks!

--
  Ryan Novosielski
  ryan at novosielski.com