PinePhone Pro

Brendan Coupe brendan at coupeware.com
Sat Dec 18 22:54:28 GMT 2021

Coordinating data between computers and Android is easy. If you have not
tried Syncthing, give it a try.

I sync my KMM file between two desktop computers and a laptop. My only
issue was opening it on more than one computer at a time. I launch it with
a simple script that creates a lock file with the computer name in it and
the lock file is deleted when I close KMM. If the lock file exists, KMM
won't start and the scripts lets me know where KMM is running.

Maybe the lock file option could be added to KMM to make this easier.

I sync lots of files between Android and my computers and my Syncthing
backup servers. No more Google photos in the cloud and the mess it leaves
behind. Syncing KMM between Android and most other OSes (sorry iOS) is the
easy part.

*----*
*Brendan Coupe*