Tags in transfers between accounts and scheduled transactions

Nick Elliott nick at nick-elliott.net
Fri Nov 20 13:34:49 GMT 2020

Hi,

On Dienstag, 17. November 2020 10:38:36 CET Nick Elliott wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a scheduled transaction to enter a transfer from my Current
> account to a Savings account, the transaction has a Tag attached to it.
>
> When the transaction occurs the tag is recorded in the ledger of the
"from"
> account (Current) but not in the "to" account (Savings).
>
> This is also the same if I create a manual transaction, the tag is only
> recorded in the originating account.
>
> Is this behaviour by design or would it be possible to update the code the
> tag is recorded in the ledger of both accounts?

I think, this behavior is by design. Here's what you can do though:

a) open the schedule with the transfer
b) select the split editor dialog
c) change the split to contain the tag (don't add a second split)
d) save the split
e) leave the split editor
f) save the schedule

Thank you Thomas, that works perfectly.