More pdf2kmymoney

Aaron Mehl mehlzaidy770 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 30 22:36:42 GMT 2020

    On Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 02:45:40 PM EST, Jochen Schmidt <jochen at r-ci.de> wrote:

 Am 30.12.2020 um 12:22 schrieb Aaron Mehl:
> I need a little help,
> I tried the different ideas for moving pdf to kmymoney.
>
> Okular - I used the table select, but couldn't figure out how to export
> csv. Plus I want something more automatic, if possible

not automatic, but: Select table in Okular, add vertical delimiters by
clicking on the top border. Then just type Ctr-C.

Change to a spreadsheet application (i.e. Libreoffice Calc) and type Ctrl-V
in an empty table. You are asked for formatting details, just accepting the
defaults does work in most cases.

> pdftotext - produced a nice text file, but since the columns were
> separated, by commas and the dates also use commas I need to get the
> columns separated by tabs? Also I found that in the final text file there
> was extra rows that was overflow from the same column but the row above.

You can use awk to output it to useful format. Years ago I wrote a perl
script to reformat such files according to a config file.---------------------------------------

You have to help them by providing a suitable script (awk / perl  whatever)
I unfortunately, have no such script. I am assuming it would need to be configurable.As I said if anyone has such a script, bring it on.....Aaron