More pdf2kmymoney

Aaron Mehl mehlzaidy770 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 30 11:22:05 GMT 2020

I need a little help,I tried the different ideas for moving pdf to kmymoney.
Okular - I used the table select, but couldn't figure out how to export csv. Plus I want something more automatic, if possible
pdftotext - produced a nice text file, but since the columns were separated, by commas and the dates also use commas I need to get the columns separated by tabs? Also I found that in the final text file there was extra rows that was overflow from the same column but the row above.
I want to come up with a way to get the file as clean as I can before importing it into KMyMoney. I am not sure what strategy to use to do this. I am writing directions for users with that get their bank statements as pdfs. I am assuming low tech users as my base line. These are people who I gather wouldn't know regular expressions etc.Also once my text file is in the correct format is there an automatic way to turn it into csv?
If anyone can float a few ideas of how to clean up these files, I would most appreciateĀ  it,Thanks,Aaron