Bug: losing focus in ledger

Peter peter.booth at orange.fr
Mon Dec 21 15:48:17 GMT 2020

On 21/12/2020 16:03, Jack wrote:
> Hi,

>>> Hello Ivan,
>>>
>>> I haven't actually tried this myself yet, but I'd be more tempted to
>>> blame the Window Manager.  Can you test with any other app which also
>>> has lots of things on the window which might get focus?  Can you also
>>> try it with some other View which has multiple items displayed and see
>>> if the focus changes.  Also, what happens if you edit a transaction and
>>> then switch  desktops?  Are you still in edit mode with focus on the
>>> same field, or has something changed?  All just things to get more
>>> information to help focus in on the problem.
>> In case Ivan means KMyMoney's view selector by 'desktop' then it is true.
>> Switching desktops or activities (both KDE/plasma contstructs) this does
>> not affect the selection of a transaction, at least not for me and maybe
>> many others.
> Since me mentioned "Desktop switcher" I thought he meant the window
> manager's virtual or multiple desktop feature.  Actually, Ivan could
> also try just switching focus to a different application and then back
> as yet another test.

I don't want to hijack the thread but I can confirm this behaviour. When
for example reconciling an account I have a pdf of the statement on a
different workspace to kmm, on returning to kmm focus goes to the last
entry. If I have the pdf side by side with kmm on the same workspace
focus remains on the last selected entry when switching between them.

KMM version 5.0.3
OS LMDE 4
Desktop Cinnamon

Regards