Bug: losing focus in ledger

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 20 21:18:12 GMT 2020

On 2020.12.20 10:59, Ivan Perez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using KMM KMyMoney-5.1.0-eb19959-x86_64.AppImage and the ledger is
> losing the focus on the transaction I am working on when I switch
> desktops
> and come back.
>
> This is a problem as I often need to switch desktops to check other
> info
> against KMM.
>
> Info:
> - Version: KMyMoney-5.1.0-eb19959-x86_64.AppImage.
> - OS: Ubuntu 18.04
> - Desktop: Gnome (Flashback Metacity)
>
> Steps:
> - Open a ledger with many transactions.
> - Click on a transaction near the beginning (top of the list).
> - Go to a different desktop (click on desktop switcher or via
> keyboard).
> - Return to desktop where KMM is.
>
> What happens:
> - The focus is back on the last transaction in the ledger.
>
> What should happen:
> - The focus should remain where it was.
Hello Ivan,

I haven't actually tried this myself yet, but I'd be more tempted to
blame the Window Manager.  Can you test with any other app which also
has lots of things on the window which might get focus?  Can you also
try it with some other View which has multiple items displayed and see
if the focus changes.  Also, what happens if you edit a transaction and
then switch  desktops?  Are you still in edit mode with focus on the
same field, or has something changed?  All just things to get more
information to help focus in on the problem.