payee address

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Apr 4 08:41:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Monday 03 April 2017 20:20:07 Jack wrote:

> On 2017.04.03 15:35, Scott Lair wrote:
> > Using kmymoney 4.8.0
> >
> > Looking in my payee address tab I don't see a city or state field.
> > The printcheck template does have city and state, however. Any way to
> > enable these two fields?
> >
> > I ended up putting the entire address in the address field, however
> > when printing checks, the address is printed as one long string. Is
> > there a workaround for that?  I guess I'd like to have addressline1,
> > addressline2 etc in addition to the city and state fields.
>
> Scott,
>
> I have not tried this, but as the template is essentially html, you
> might try putting <BR> within the address field to break lines.  The
> normal line break is just white space, which is ignored in html - thus
> the result of a single long line.  The problem with breaking down as
> city/state is that although the names of the fields can be translated,
> I don't know if there is any consistent breakdown that would apply
> everywhere KMM is used.  (Yes, line1 line2 line3 would work, but if you
> don't use all of them in a template, you might miss one, and if you do
> use all, you can end up with extra space that doesn't look good.)

In the end we should leave this to PIM functions. I remember that they
have/had a rather sophisticated address formatting logic depending on locale
etc.  We should not invent the wheel twice for that.

Regards

Thomas

https://www.telegram.org/ Telegram, the better whats app

I don't think any of us need any help in this regard, getting
rid of money is probably the single most userfriendly interface
since breast-feeding... unfortunately. -- A.J. Venter